What to do if you have a claim
If you’re involved in a car accident please follow these important guidelines to ensure you properly protect yourself:
At the scene:
- If anyone is injured, make sure they receive medical attention. Call for an ambulance if one is required.
- When it’s safe, remove your car from the road
- Exchange information with other drivers involved. (This is required by law)
- Driver License Numbers
- Insurance Company Names and Policy Numbers
- Vehicle Make/ Model/ Year/ License Plate Number
- Telephone Numbers
- Get names and telephone numbers of any independent witnesses to the accident
- If the property damage exceeds $1,000 or if someone has been injured then the accident must be reported
- Never admit fault even if you think you were in the wrong.
Call the police to attend if:
- Someone has been injured or killed in the accident
- The accident resulted from a criminal activity (such as impaired driving).
- If any driver involved has no insurance or is not licensed to drive
- If the accident involved a pedestrian or a person on a bicycle
- If any driver refuses to exchange information (i.e. driver license and insurance information).
And don’t forget to call us for advice. If you want to proceed with a claim against your policy, we can help.
Reporting Your Claim
During regular business hours (Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 5:00pm) please call the Easyway office directly to report a claim. You can reach us at (905) 890-0123 or 1-866-388-3034.
Outside of our regular office hours, please report the claim directly to your insurance company (the company name will be noted on your pink liability slip or on your property insurance policy). These claims hotlines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.